With Valentine’s Day quickly approaching, we thought it was time to share our love of metal roofs. While metal roofing hearkens back to country living and farm life of yesteryear, there’s a reason it’s regaining popularity for both residential and commercial use … actually, there are six reasons.
- I Love Your Longevity – Metal roofing can last an incredibly long time, anywhere from 40-70 years! A metal roof will not decompose, unlike its asphalt counterpart. It can handle almost any forces nature throws at it – as long as it’s installed properly. We love a roof we only need to install once in our lifetime, and so will your customers.
- I Love Your Durability – Many other roofing materials are susceptible to moisture and temperature changes, resulting in expansion, contraction, and cracking. Metal roofs are impervious to these impacts. While you may be concerned about rust, if your metal is properly sealed and your fasteners create a leak-proof attachment, it’s not something to worry about.
The RoofLoc® system from FASCO America® can give you the attachments that will last. The key is the fastener that drives in like a nail but has the holding power of a screw. They also back out like a screw, making adjustments quick and easy. They have a 520-pound holding strength. Each fastener has a leak-proof EPDM-washer that resists temperature contraction due to temperature extremes; and no metal residue or “pig tails” allows for superior washer seal and eliminates scratches.
- I Love Your Variety – Metal roofing comes in a wide variety of styles and colors. It can mimic cedar shake, slate, tile, shingle, and standing seam vertical panels. While many roof options are available in black, brown, and natural, metal panels can be found in a rainbow of colors for a project that pops.
- I Love Your Sustainability - The recycled content of the steel in a metal roof is about 56% - far superior to asphalt shingles which are rapidly piling up in dumps. Metal roofs also provide top notch insulation, keeping your structure comfortable while lowering heating and cooling costs.
- I Love that You’re Virtually Maintenance Free – Most roofing materials will need repairs over time. Shingles will experience granular loss within 7-10 years of installation and require repair or replacement. Wooden and ceramic tiles will need replaced occasionally. But, metal roofs are unlikely to need any care at all, other than a rinsing off annually.
- I Love How Easily You Install – Not only will your metal roof last you up to 70 years, it also installs simply if you use the right tools. We are partial to the pneumatic tools and collated, combination fasteners that make up the RoofLoc® system. They make installation incredibly simple and quick.