Summer is on the horizon and homeowners are ready to set up their outdoor spaces for BBQs, family parties and relaxing summer nights. Patios and outdoor furniture have expanded far beyond the old folding chairs set up around a fire. Create the ideal summer seat by achieving Adirondack perfection using these tips.
- Curves – There are many Adirondacks where the back and seat slats run straight across. But, sit in one for five minutes and you’ll know you’re missing something. For absolute comfort, build gentle curves into the back and seat of the chair. The curves follow the shape of the occupant, giving a more comfortable seat.
- Wide Arms – What’s better than relaxing in your Adirondack? Relaxing in your Adirondack with an ice-cold beverage. Building wide arms on the chair not only gives this chair its unique look, but it’s convenient for holding summer drinks and your favorite book while lounging.
- Durable Material – If you want your chair to last for years to come, consider building with UV resistant wood. Using UV resistant wood will ensure that your chair will have many days in the sun without fading or tarnishing. It also never splinters, which everyone can appreciate!
- Custom Touches – Here is where you can have fun with your project. Adirondacks are perfect for painting, paint the chairs to add a pop of color to your outdoors. Add your team’s logo to display your pride. You can also customize them to be the perfect seat for two, a great choice for couples.
- Built to Last – You’re going to love your summer seat so why not build it to last for years to come. Use long-lasting, galvanized fasteners, like the Mini-SCRAIL® collated fasteners. This fastener shares the same advantages and innovations of the SCRAIL® fastener, like fast and easy adjusting and removal but the Mini-SCRAIL® is specifically sized for the finishing of finer projects, like furniture. The small size makes this product perfect for handling intricate details where space is limited. It’s also available in a range of finishes and colors to complement any look.
Adirondacks represent the ultimate in outdoor furniture luxury. When you build or buy one, you want it to last. Applying these tips for the perfect summer seat, and using the best construction materials like Mini-SCRAIL®, will ensure you’ll enjoy yours for years to come.
Now that you’ve built the perfect summer seat, you’re ready for more projects, Download the Whitepaper: Construction Methods and Materials for Wooden Outdoor Furniture: Exploring new methods and materials for your next project.