Contractor Supply Magazine's Tom Hammel covered a hot list of growing trends in pneumatic tools for 2014, which continue to drive product development into 2015:
• As demand grows, shortages in skilled labor are increasing demand for tools that maximize productivity and efficiency to get more from smaller crews.
• Ease of use is more valuable than ever. Tools need to be designed for different experience and skill levels as new workers enter the labor pool.
• Reliable and consistent performance is a must, as crew chiefs have become frustrated with poor performance from poor quality tools coming in from Asia. Now that the market is rebounding, they are showing a willingness to invest in better quality.
• Low tool maintenance requirements, so tools can stay in production longer.
• Designs that reduce job site fatigue (low vibration, compact, light weight), for workers who work long hours due to small crew sizes.